All our policies include our award-winning COVID-19 cover, to help you decide if this cover is suitable for your needs please view our dedicated Coronavirus Page which explains how your cover applies in a number of circumstances.
While we recommend you read our Coronavirus Page to understand in more detail the cover we include as standard we need to make you aware of the following:
- Prior To Travel: You will be covered for cancellation of your trip if you fall ill with COVID-19 or are required to self isolate by Track and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 App and cannot travel. You will not be covered if you need to cancel due to government restriction on travel or if you will need to quarantine either at your destination or on return home.
- During Your Trip: You will be covered if you are denied boarding at your departure point (ie Airport, Cruise or Train terminal) due to detected symptoms of COVID. You are also covered for reasonable additional transport and/or accommodation expenses costs if you need to extend your stay due to compulsory COVID-19 quarantine (for example if you are required to self-isolate due to you testing positive or being a close contact of someone who tests positive). If you fall ill with COVID-19 you are covered if you need medical treatment or repatriation to the UK. You will not be covered if you wish to return early to avoid a requirement to quarantine on your return.
- Our policies DO NOT require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note however that our policies do not offer any cover if you fail to hold the relevant documentation as required by your airline (or other public transport such as a cruise ship or train) or destination country. For example if your destination country requires you to provide either proof of being fully vaccinated or a current negative test certificate and you are denied boarding/entry due to not providing valid documents there is no cover under our policies.
- Our policies do not cover the costs of COVID testing or vaccination either prior to, during, or post your trip.
- Our policies are valid for travel to the countries shown on your certificate of insurance. If you travel to a country where the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) or other regulatory authority advise against travel your cover may be reduced, click here for more information.
Please note that all cover noted above is subject to terms and conditions.